I apply this now to my writing. When I hit a block or get a rejection letter, I take a step back and think of the positives:
- This block will pass, they always do. I now have time to do other things I love which will renew my mind and spirit.
- I open myself to new ideas and directions that will make the story even better.
- This is a great opportunity to share ideas with other writers and get some inspiration from them.
- The agent who rejected my story probably isn't the right fit for me and there's someone out there who is.
- I write because I love it and feel more like myself when I'm doing it. Noone can ever take that away from me.