Monday, January 17, 2011

Magic Mirror

"Mirror mirror on the wall,
Is my writing the best of all?"

I often wish I had a magic mirror so I could ask this question.  It would be great to have a built-in editor for my work.   I read, reread, and tirelessly edit my work until I think everything's perfect.  Then I give it to someone who's kind enough to read it for me and they tear it apart.  It's frustrating, but they're usually right on target with their recommendations.  Why can't we see what others see in our writing?
How much easier the writing process would be!

I think we could also apply this same idea to our lives.  Think how the world might be different if we all had a magic mirror that allowed us to see what others see in us.  Would we all like our reflection, or would we have to do some major editing?

No comments:

Post a Comment